Please join our Director of Voting Rights and Civic Empowerment Ami Gandhi and Skadden Legal Fellow Jenny Terrell for a CLE presentation on voting rights during the 2019 Midwest Black Law Students Association Convention.
Come hear Skadden Fellow Jenny Terrell present on current issues in voting rights.
Panel will feature Director of Voting Rights and Civic Empowerment Ami Ghandi.
Join us to Bring Justice Home to all neighborhoods in Chicago! This year, we will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Fair Housing Act and honor the work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in the Chicago Freedom Movement. Together, we will honor the past and reinvest in equity for all Chicago neighborhoods.
Hear from experts including Voting Rights Project Director Ami Gandhi on ways to increase voter turnout and explore options including vote-by-mail and vote centers.
Attend this timely forum to understand the threat of voter suppression, clarify who is eligible to vote in our communities. and learn ways to encourage voter turnout. Ami Gandhi, Director of Voting Rights and Civic Empowerment, will join other advocates and experts as a guest panelist.
Join us for Part IV of a FREE Multi-Part CLE Series on Voting Rights presented by the Seventh Circuit Bar Association Diversity and Inclusion Committe.
Please join the League of Women Voters - Arlington Heights, Mount Prospect, & Buffalo Grove in welcoming Ami Gandhi, Director of Voting Rights and Civic Empowerment at Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights' Voting Rights Project
This free event will feature a panel discussion on how Illinois' election administrators are working to ensure integrity and accountability in the 2018 elections. An audience Q&A will follow the discussion.
Join Chicago Lawyers' Committee, Common Cause Illinois and Christ United Methodist Church of Deerfield as we address critical topics affecting the State of Our Democracy: Voting Rights, Campaign Finance, and the Media. All are invited.
6:00pm Advocacy Resource Fair:
- Learn about various non-partisan action groups
- Learn how to Make Your Voice Heard
7:00pm Speaker Forum:
- Peter Slevin, Associate Professor at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism
- Ami Gandhi, Director of Voting Rights & Civic Empowerment at the Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights
- Jay Young, Political Director at Common Cause Illinois.
- Q & A session
Ample parking is available directly across from the church.
Join us for a discussion of some of these issues and what people are doing about them: voter protection, Cross-check, automatic voter registration, redistricting, the federal Pence-Kobach election integrity commission, and more.
Attend the Annual Kick-Off Reception of the Chicago Bar Association's Alliance for Women, featuring guest speaker Ami Gandhi.
SABA-Chicago and Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights proudly present:
Civic Engagement: How to get involved in your community and make an impact
When: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 12 pm - 1:30 pm
Where: Franczek Radelet, 300 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606
Why: Get civically engaged, FREE CLE*, and FREE Lunch
RSVP REQUIRED. PLEASE RSVP BELOW.
The Civic Engagement panel discussion being held on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 will encompass a discussion on a variety of topics aimed at encouraging civic engagement.
The discussion topics will include (amongst others):
- the voting rights landscape in Illinois and how to get involved in improving voter access (highlighting reforms like automatic voter registration that have bipartisan support in Illinois),
- avenues for being civically engaged when it feels like our single vote will not make a meaningful difference, and
- how members of the legal profession can make a meaningful impact in their communities alongside working their full-time job.
- Ami Gandhi, Director of Voting Rights & Civic Empowerment at Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Sheetal Parikh, Director of Compliance at PLS Financial Services
- Tara Raghuveer, Deputy Director at National Partnership for New Americans
- Moderated by Harish Patel, Chicago Deputy Director at New America
Please note: The organizations hosting the Civic Engagement Panel Discussion are non-partisan and do not support specific candidates or parties.
*CLE accreditation approval is in process.
Director of Voting Rights and Civic Empowerment Ami Gandhi and Ami will speak about Illinois voting law and discrimination in the voting process.