SABA-Chicago and Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights proudly present:
Civic Engagement: How to get involved in your community and make an impact
When: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 12 pm - 1:30 pm
Where: Franczek Radelet, 300 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606
Why: Get civically engaged, FREE CLE*, and FREE Lunch
RSVP REQUIRED. PLEASE RSVP BELOW.
The Civic Engagement panel discussion being held on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 will encompass a discussion on a variety of topics aimed at encouraging civic engagement.
The discussion topics will include (amongst others):
- the voting rights landscape in Illinois and how to get involved in improving voter access (highlighting reforms like automatic voter registration that have bipartisan support in Illinois),
- avenues for being civically engaged when it feels like our single vote will not make a meaningful difference, and
- how members of the legal profession can make a meaningful impact in their communities alongside working their full-time job.
- Ami Gandhi, Director of Voting Rights & Civic Empowerment at Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Sheetal Parikh, Director of Compliance at PLS Financial Services
- Tara Raghuveer, Deputy Director at National Partnership for New Americans
- Moderated by Harish Patel, Chicago Deputy Director at New America
Please note: The organizations hosting the Civic Engagement Panel Discussion are non-partisan and do not support specific candidates or parties.
*CLE accreditation approval is in process.