Director of Finance and Operations
Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights seeks a Director of Finance and Operations to lead the financial and operational aspects of the organization. As we approach our 50th Anniversary in 2019, this person will play a crucial role in creating a business model that aligns with our mission and strategic plan, and ensures a robust and sustainable financial future for Chicago Lawyers’ Committee. This will include examining current financial and operational systems and practices, and recommending changes to improve financial efficiency and internal operations. This position will report to the Executive Director and serve on the management team. They will bring a passion for social justice as well as a vital business perspective to the challenges and opportunities we face in Chicago’s highly competitive nonprofit marketplace. Read the full job posting here.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and economic opportunity for all
- College degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Leadership style that is strategic, visionary, and creative; both detail oriented and big picture
- At least five years of experience in accounting, finance, and operations, preferably nonprofit experience
- Proven excellence in budgeting, strategic forecasting and planning, accounting, financial reporting, compliance, and risk management
- Skilled at presenting financial information in a clear fashion to a variety of audiences with varying levels of financial expertise
- Knowledgeable about nonprofit IT needs and solutions
- Experience with human resources best practice
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and work on multiple project
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team
- Ability to use considerable judgment, initiative and independence, and maintain confidentiality
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. If interested, please email a resume, cover letter, and two professional references to Elesha Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
No phone inquiries please. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to individual applications
Seeking Spring 2019 semester interns and externs to join us in advancing racial equity and economic opportunity!
Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights is currently seeking Legal Interns (law student interns), Legal Externs (receiving credit from their law school), and Legal Fellows (recent law school graduates) for a semester position. We value candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences and encourage candidates to share the unique perspectives they can bring to our work.
These positions are unpaid, but funding might be available through law schools, universities, and other sources. Legal Interns, Externs and Fellows are encouraged to research funding opportunities before applying.
To apply, please send a cover letter specifying the potential area(s) and projects of interest, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com.
Summer 2019 Internships and Fellowships
First-year law students who are interested in applying for a Summer 2019 internship with Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights should submit application materials including a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All spots for 2L students have been filled.
Graduating law students who are interested in applying for a Summer 2019 fellowship with Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights should submit application materials through the Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) website: http://pili.org/fellowships/apply-for-pili-fellowships.